Sunday, March 15, 2020

Something for Kids!

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is something I don't make very often - a birthday card for a child. Our cousin's daughter is turning three this week, so I thought I'd make something from the dinosaur collection in the current annual catalog. One of the samples caught my eye and I started cutting pieces to make it until I realized there was WAY more fussy cutting than I wanted to do. So I modified it a bit to make it work. Here's the card that appeared in the catalog:



It's a little hard to see behind the watermark but nearly all of the elements (dinosaur, volcano, palm tree, clouds) are fussy cut from one of the designer papers. I was not doing that!  Here's what I ended up with:


My elements are a bit bigger, but I think it works. I have my stamp catalog in Evernote, so I was able to do a search and find a stamp set that had clouds that were about the right size (these are from the This Little Piggy set), but everything else is from Dino Days. I even found a roll of old retired denim ribbon in my stash that seems to be exactly like what is available in the current catalog! 

I made two of these cards, so somewhere along the line, one of our other little relatives will be getting one also.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamp set - Dino Days, This Little Piggy, Itty Bitty Birthdays
Paper - Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock: Dinoroar DSP
Ink - Balmy Blue, Coastal Cabana, Lovely Lipstick, Old Olive, Pool Party, Soft Suede
Accessories - Denim Ribbon
Tools - Big Shot, Dino Dies, Layering Ovals Framelits, Triple Banner Punch, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!