Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Card of the Day - Something for the Guys!

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is a masculine design. I don't make too many of these so they are always a struggle, but I have some birthdays coming up that will need them. The design is very simple.


I even managed to stick with current product (except for the birthday cake on the envelope). The patterns in the In Good Taste DSP assortment are perfect for masculine cards. I particularly liked this tweedy, burlappy one. After I cut the strips and started arranging the pieces on the card front, I noticed that there was a slight difference in the color, so I was able to alternate lighter and darker in opposite corners. It's subtle, and much more noticeable on the actual card. 

I wanted to add a little more texture so after I adhered the DSP to the Early Espresso layer, I ran it through the Big Shot with my Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. It adds just that extra oomph.


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Many Mates, Birthday Delivery
Paper - Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock; Early Espresso and Very Vanilla cardstock; In Good Taste DSP
Ink - Early Espresso
Accessories - 3/16" Braided Linen Trim
Tools - Big Shot, Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!