Sunday, July 19, 2020

Cards of the Day - Prized Peony

Hello and welcome back! My cards today are all made with the Prized Peony stamp set and are CASEd from samples in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. As a demonstrator, I have access to a document that has "recipes" for all of the samples in the catalog. However, it doesn't go into a lot of detail about how certain looks are accomplished. So I have to guess. Sometimes I guess right and sometimes not.

This first card is an example of "not." The texture stamp was used on the background on the sample, but the recipe indicated that there was heat embossing used. I tried that but I wasn't happy with my placement of the stamping. I also thought that the embossing was a bit harsh, so I went back and filled in with the same stamp in Whisper White Craft Ink. It's a little better but I'm still not totally happy with it. Oh, well, live and learn.
Card #1

 This second card is better. There weren't any unusual techniques, just a dry embossed piece and a heat embossed sentiment. A bit of coloring with Stampin' Blends and it's complete. 
Card #2

 Here's an example of "close enough." On the sample it looked like the dry embossed layer was inked over with white ink. Unfortunately, I was a little heavy-handed with the ink pad and added a few streaks where there shouldn't be any. The embossing is so fine on this folder that it would be difficult to get it just perfect.
Card #3

I think this is the one I'm happiest with. It was a little more challenging and I seemed to be pretty successful. The background has some sponging and some stamped texture images. The frame was added on top and then the colored flowers and leaves were popped up on top.
Card #4

I don't think any of these cards would qualify as "Pinterest fails." The beauty of handmade is that it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. Getting over my perfectionism has been a challenge, but I'm working on it. A couple of years ago I probably wouldn't have posted these cards. 

Well, that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll be showing you the results of my "One Sheet Wonder" adventure!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Card #1
Stamp set - Prized Peony
Paper - Basic Gray and Whisper White Cardstock
Ink - Basic Gray, Petal Pink, Old Olive, Versamark, Whisper White Craft
Accessories - Square Vellum Doilies, Elegant Faceted Dots, White Embossing Powder
Tools - Big Shot, Heat Tool, Water Painters, Peony Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Card #2
Stamp set - Prized Peony
Paper - Basic Gray, Gray Granite, and Whisper White Cardstock; Peony Garden DSP
Ink/Coloring Tools - Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Blends: Old Olive Dark and Light, Petal Pink Dark and Light, Daffodil Delight Dark
Accessories - Elegant Faceted Gems
Tools - Big Shot, Peony Dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

Card #3
Stamp sets - Prized Peony, Flourishing Phrases
Paper - Basic Black, Whisper White, and Petal Pink Cardstock; Peony Garden DSP
Ink - Versamark, Basic Gray, Whisper White Craft
Accessories - Square Vellum Doilies, Elegant Faceted Dots, White Embossing Powder
Tools - Big Shot, Heat Tool, Peony Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

Card #4
Stamp set - Prized Peony
Paper - Whisper White Cardstock, Whisper White Thick Cardstock
Ink/Coloring Tools - Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Blends: Rococo Rose Dark and Light, Granny Apple Green Dark and Light, So Saffron Dark
Accessories - Elegant Faceted Dots
Tools - Big Shot, Peony Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Sponge Daubers, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!