Friday, April 23, 2021

Card of the Day - Ornate Garden Happy Day

Hello and welcome back! Today I've got another birthday card - I never have enough of these!

I used some of the retiring Ornate Garden DSP as a backdrop and die cut a circle from the center before layering it on the card front. I had planned on diecutting the circle from the Soft Sea Foam layer and using the spotlight technique, but by doing it this way I was able to choose the area of the DSP that I wanted to color.


I used the Flirty Flamingo and Old Olive Stampin' Blends to color in the flowers and leaves and then layered it on a scalloped Terracotta Tile Layering Circle. That piece is popped up with dimensionals, then the sentiment banner was added, with glue on one end and a dimensional on the other to keep it level with the circle. A few Metallic Pearls were added to bling it up a bit and coordinate with the gold in the DSP.


 Not wanting to waste the leftover bits of DSP, I added them to the inside of the card.

This design was inspired by the color challenge at Fab Friday and the sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day. Happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Itty Bitty Birthdays, Approaching Perfection (inside sentiment), Ornate Style (envelope)

Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; Whisper White, Terracotta Tile, and Soft Sea Foam Cardstock; Ornate Garden DSP

Ink/Coloring Tools - Terracotta Tile; Stampin' Blends: Flirty Flamingo Dark and Light, Old Olive Light

Accessories - Metallic Pearls

Tools - Big Shot, Layering Circle Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. So so pretty, Cindi! I'm feeling an urge to run off and color those gorgeous sheets now, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like the subtle gold against the pop of the colors! And you get all the WOW of the pattern without having to color the whole thing! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colors and take on our sketch. I especially like the gold. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! Great coloring on the circle image and love the gold layer for accent. Thanks for joining us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card! I love your use of the DSP. Thank you for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!