Friday, April 16, 2021

Card of the Day - Sorry for your loss

 Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for a friend who recently lost her mother. Sympathy cards are often the most difficult to make, but also the most important.

My design was inspired by a couple of challenges this week, the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and the color challenge at the Paper Players.

When laying out the design, I let my spontaneous side overrule my perfectionist side and I eyeballed the layout instead of using a ruler to line everything up. Of course when I was finished, I realized that my rows are not exactly straight. Oh well, sometimes you just need to go with the flow. The fact that some of the circles are popped up with dimensionals disguises it, so it's not so bad.




Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Heal Your Heart, Butterfly Gala (on envelope)

Paper - Crumb Cake, Misty Moonlight, Merry Merlot, Basic Black cardstock

Ink - Merry Merlot, Misty Moonlight

Accessories - 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots

Tools - Big Shot, Pierced Blooms Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder, 1-1/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Lovely Labels Pick-a-Punch, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I love these stitched flowers! A pretty sympathy card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that these are the most important (I have all the ones sent when my mom passed). This is lovely and sure to be appreciated. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty sympathy card that is sure to be appreciated ! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!