Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Card of the Day - Rainbow Swallowtail

Hello and welcome back! Today's card was inspired by a couple of rainbow challenges this week.


I pulled the old Swallowtail stamp out (last appearing in the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog). It's stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Shimmery White Cardstock. I used the Stamparatus to stamp it twice so I'd get a nice dark image. I used my Blending Brushes to add the color to the butterfly.

 I added the smaller butterflies to cover up some smudges on the cardstock!

This card is for the challenges at Just Add Ink and Retro Rubber.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Swallowtail, Butterfly Basics, Butterfly Gala

Paper - Shimmery White, Basic Black

Ink - Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather

Tools - Butterfly Duet Punch, Blending Brushes, Stamparatus, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun use of the rainbow colours for your butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rainbow colours are lovely on the big and bold butterfly. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous use of the inspiration image, Cindi. I love your rainbow butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my fav stamps from Stampin Up. Great take on the challenge, love your rainbow colors. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That butterfly stamp was such a great one! Love how you've used it here. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss out in getting this butterfly stamp, and I kick myself in the you know what for not getting it.
    Your card is gorgeous, love the colors of the rainbow on these pair of beautiful wings.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! I always liked that big swallowtail butterfly and your sponging of the rainbow colors made it even more beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!