Monday, March 15, 2021

Card of the Day - Another Hippo Birthday!

 Hello and welcome back! So if I am counting correctly, today's card is my 300th entry into a challenge, so let's have some fun! We have a little cousin who is celebrating her 4th birthday this week, so this is for her.


I fell in love with this set when it first appeared in the catalog - it reminded me of an old Sandra Boynton poster that was making the rounds many years ago. 



I'm not sure why, but I always feel like these hippos need to be pink (or magenta)! I added the strips of Rainbow Glimmer Paper for some sparkle. And of course, I had to finish it off with the two ewes inside the card! I stamped them on a scrap of white and die cut them instead of stamping directly on the card base. I had an oops on the first hippo I stamped and I didn't want to worry about it inside the card.



This design was inspired by the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. I had to add the fourth strip of rainbow because this little girl is turning 4!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Hippo Happiness

Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; Whisper White and Magenta Madness Cardstock; Rainbow Glimmer Paper

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Magenta Madness, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede

Tools - Big Shot, Hippo & Friends Dies, Tasteful Textures 3D Embossing Folder, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Delightful card for a wee one! And the bright magenta is such fun! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love the sparkly stripes and that adorable hippo! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!