Sunday, March 21, 2021

Card of the Day - Another Birthday Chick!

Hello and welcome back! Today I've got another card made with the fabulous Hey Birthday Chick set.


I've got a few layers on this card, but otherwise it's pretty straight forward. I found some old retired Chicken Wire Elements in my stash and thought they'd be perfect for a chick card. 


The base layer is embossed with the Subtle embossing folder, then I added the chicken wire and a couple of stitched squares. The chick is lightly colored and die cut, then popped up with dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped on a narrow flagged strip and stapled to a bit of Granny Apple Green ribbon before being attached to the card front.


 And of course, I had to add the chick in the egg to the inside and the envelope. They are colored with Stampin' Write Markers.

This design was inspired by the sketch challenge at Fab Friday and the challenges at Paper Craft Crew and the Paper Players.




Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Hey Birthday Chick

Paper - Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, and Whisper White Cardstock

Ink/Coloring Tools - Granny Apple Green, Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Blends: Crumb Cake Light, Real Red Light; Stampin' Write Markers: Mango Melody, So Saffron, Granny Apple Green

Accessories - Chicken Wire Elements, Granny Apple Green Textured Weave Ribbon

Tools - Big Shot, Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder, Birthday Chick Dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Mini Stapler, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

5 comments:

  1. So fun, Cindi! Love your dancing chicken and the bright sunny colors! I think I have some of that chicken wire left, too - great reminder! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Cindi! You just gotta love that chick in an egg. Granny Apple Green is such a happy color. The chicken wire is the perfect accent! I am so glad you shared with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I just love these chickens and I love the colors you used! The wire is the perfect accessories for this sassy lady. I also like how you used the ribbon and paper together for the flag element! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday and the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is still one of my favorite SU sets. Love that you added texture with the chicken wire and I like the added chick on the inside of the card too. All in all a fabulous card! Thanks for joining in on our CAS Animal challenge at The Paper Players! Please come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and I love how you keep the party going to the inside of the card. Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!