Sunday, March 21, 2021

Card of the Day - Paper Blooms Anniversary

Hello and welcome back! I've been trying to catch up on some anniversary cards - I'm not sure why March is such a busy month!


I pulled this sentiment from Woven Heirlooms - it's one of my favorites for anniversary cards. The DSP is cut in a 4" x 5-1/4" rectangle then cut diagonally, and matted on a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of cardstock. I die cut the scalloped square out of the mat before assembling the card - it's a great way to make the most of your cardstock! The ribbon was wrapped and tied before attaching to the card front, then the sentiment was popped up with dimensionals. Since it's an anniversary card, I added a couple of tiny resin hearts - so cute!


And after cutting the DSP for the front I had a couple of small strips left over, so I added that to the inside of the card.


I also made some cards with the same design but in the opposite colorway.





This design was inspired by the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. Since these cards will be mailed, I decided it was more economical to skip the square and make these rectangular. I may still do a square card or two...


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi

Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Woven Heirlooms, Milestone Moments
Paper - Whisper White, Night of Navy, Rococo Rose Cardstock; Paper Blooms DSP
Ink - Night of Navy, Rococo Rose
Accessories - White/Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon, Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon, Resin Hearts Embellishments
Tools - Big Shot, Layering Squares Framelits, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. These papers are so pretty together! Sweet cards! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these designer papers and the sweet pair of hearts! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the contrast of the two patterned papers you used on these. The ribbon and sentiment in the middle is such a great look! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!