Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Charming Cafe

Hello and welcome back! Today I've got another card that was inspired by multiple challenges.

The challenges I used for inspiration are Double Trouble, Just Add Ink, and Try Stampin on Tuesday.




The TSOT sketch is perfect for this style of card that I have been wanting to make for a while, and the Double Trouble challenge calls for a peek-a-boo card and twine or ribbon. The JAI challenge was fulfilled with the legs on the chairs and table. Check, check, and check!


This card shouldn't have been too difficult, but I didn't plan it out before starting. I scored and glued the spine, then realized I should have waited until after I die cut the aperture for the cafe scene. I pulled the card apart and ran it through the Big Shot, then glued it back together. It doesn't look too bad on the back...

I had also planned to put the sentiment on the bottom, but I centered the stamping instead of moving it closer to the top, so there wasn't enough room. I actually think I like it better this way!

My last problem was the stamping I do on the back of the card. I have a stamp with my personal and copyright info and another stamp with my #imbringingbirthdaysback logo. I usually stamp these before I assemble just in case I make a mistake so I can flip the card or find another way to reuse the pieces. But of course today, I forgot. It was tricky stamping on the back after I added the elements with dimensionals, but it isn't too bad.

I can't believe I've had this set for more than 3 years and had never inked it up! It's really cute.



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Charming Cafe, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Paper - Crumb Cake and Whisper White cardstock, Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP

Ink/Coloring Tools - Memento Tuxedo Black, Pool Party; Stampin' Blends: Crumb Cake Dark and Light, Flirty Flamingo Dark and Light, Granny Apple Green Light, Melon Mambo Light, Pool Party Dark and Light, Smoky Slate Light, So Saffron Dark; Stampin' Write Markers: Granny Apple Green, Pool Party

Accessories - Silver Bakers Twine

Tools - Big Shot, Cafe Builder Dies, Sponge Daubers, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Love that set, great colors, and a great job combining all 3 challenges! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Cindi! Love everything about it... your choice of papers, colors, and your coloring of the image! You really took advantage of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch AND Double Trouble's "peek-a-boo" challenge! Thank you so much for sharing your creative talents and beautiful card with BOTH of us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet and I just love the sentiment. Great image as well. Thanks for sharing with us at both Double Trouble and TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card - great design. Delightful colouring. Love your little scene. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the many things you were concerned about while assembling your card, sure did not take away from your beautiful card. Love your peek-a-boo theme and cute tea party scenery... creative and beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Cindi! In spite of your fretting, this card is lovely. Thank you for playing along at both Double Trouble #97B and TSOT #533.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!