Sunday, April 23, 2023

Sapphire Anniversary

 Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for a 45th (sapphire) anniversary.

This design was inspired by the sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenges.


I used strips of the Night of Navy piece from the Blue Foils and some Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper to create the background. I had planned to butt them together, but the math didn't work. Trying to measure in 32nds of an inch is just a bit much! I actually like it this way, with the tiny gaps.

I had originally stamped the numbers and the word "anniversary" directly on the white panel, but I didn't like the way it looked. So I modified a die-cut Stitched Rectangle and layered it on top of the panel. To make it fit, I tucked it under the loops on "happy" and edged the die-cut with a marker to give it some dimension. 



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Well Said, Alphabest

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock, Basic White Cardstock, Blue Foils, Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper

Ink - Night of Navy

Accessories - Elegant Faceted Gems

Tools - Big Shot, Well Written Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Adhesive Sheets, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!