Thursday, December 21, 2023

Joy of Noel Christmas

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

I feel like the universe has been conspiring against me as far as my holiday preparations have gone. I was way behind on getting my cards made, and then a friend who was planning a weekend visit decided to come two days earlier! Then my husband (who is the family cook) came down with covid. Add those things to the three singing events I had over the weekend, and you'll understand why my cards have not yet left my house! This is the last one I'm making this year!

When I designed this card, I used the sketch for the Atlantic Hearts challenge, but as I was creating it, I found 5 other challenges that it fits as well - Shopping Our Stash, Just Add Ink, Double Trouble, NBUS, and SUO Challenges!




I borrowed the stamp set from my friend, so maybe I was shopping her stash! But the embossing folder has been in my collection since at least last year and hadn't been used yet. This card is for the organist at my church, so I had to use something musical!



As I said, my cards are now all done - I'll post pictures later (maybe next week...). I just have to decide who gets what - there are more than 20 designs and more than 130 people on my list. I think tonight I'll be watching a movie, or two or three, and prepping the cards for mailing tomorrow. Hey, at least I'm getting them out before the 25th!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Joy of Noel

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic White, Cherry Cobbler, and Shaded Spruce Cardstock; Joyful Specialty DSP; Distressed Gold Specialty Paper

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Cherry Cobbler; Stampin' Blends - Old Olive Light, Cherry Cobbler Dark, Evening Evergreen Light; Stampin' Write Marker - Shaded Spruce

Accessories - Metallic Pearls

Tools - Big Shot, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Stylish Shapes Dies, Joy of Noel Dies, Layering Circles Framelits, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Don't stress--the holidays get the best of alot of us! You had some bad luck, but still managed to create a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend will love this beautiful musical NOEL Christmas card, Cindi! It's lovely in every way! Good job getting out those cards with all you had going on. I do a couple hundred and know the hardest is deciding which one goes where and then doing the inside and envelopes. But somehow each year, we manage! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, with all the incidents happening at your home, you were still able to create a beautiful Christmas card. Love the pretty wreath against the pretty dark embossed background and the bit of glitter along the side. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, the texture, the pop of gold, your Noel, all so perfect! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindi, what a BEAUTIFUL Christmas card! I love how you layered the pattern paper over the embossed background, and added dimension with your die cuts!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and your wonderful creativity with us at Double Trouble for our "Die-cember" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Christmas card Cindi. Love the combinatiom of DSP, music embossing folder and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink. Tristan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the embossed music background. I'm a big fan of any Christmas cards that make me think about Christmas music. This is a perfect example with the embossed background and Noel sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how lovely! Your card matches that sketch to a T and the details are all so beautiful! It's like a perfectly wrapped package. Perfect for our challenge at Double Trouble! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So bright and beautiful and I love the embossed music theme. Thank you for sharing at Double Trouble Challenge #155. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!