Monday, June 29, 2020

Card of the Day - Hippo Happiness

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is based on one of my favorite puns from when I was younger. Some of you may remember this Sandra Boynton illustration:


For one of my friends from waaaay back in elementary school, this was a greeting used by her family for many years, so when I saw the Hippo Happiness stamp set in the new Annual Catalog, I knew I would have a use for it. I had planned on CASEing the card in the catalog, but then these two challenges popped up and I decided to be a bit more creative. Here's the card:


I was inspired by the In Color challenge at Fab Friday and the sketch challenge at the Paper Players.



I have managed to use all of the In Colors - Bumblebee ribbon, Cinnamon Cider ewes and DSP, Just Jade sponged for grass and DSP, Magenta Madness for the hippo - because who doesn't love a bright pink hippo! - and Misty Moonlight sponged for the sky and the stamped sentiment.


I wish I could see the look on her face when this card arrives in the mail - I hope she loves it!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Hippo Happiness
Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, 2020-2022 In Color DSP
Ink - Magenta Madness, Cinnamon Cider, Just Jade, Misty Moonlight, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Bumblebee 1/4" Gingham Ribbon
Tools - Big Shot, Hippo & Friends dies, Stitched Rectangles Framelits, SNAIL, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. So cute, Cindi - and what a great story about this set - too funny! Love your layout here, and great use of the In Colors! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really cute card, love the pink Hippo! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi, this is so cute! I love hippos and this bright pink one made me smile! Your friend will cherish this special card! The little ewes are so sweet, too! SO happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindi your little trio is just too cute! I love the punny sentiment and the story behind your card. So fun! Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!