Saturday, December 12, 2020

Card of the Day - Painted Harvest Birthday

Hello and welcome back! I've been busy the last several days making Christmas cards (that's a post for another day), but now that they are finally done and mailed, I can get back to birthday cards. I've got several birthdays this month and many of them are from the same group of friends, so I'll need different cards for each one. Here's the first one:


I was thinking that this would fit into my unloved stamp set challenge, but when I opened up the case, I realized that I have used this set. Oh well, I guess I must have liked it! I thought about making the flowers in some holiday colors, but then I thought maybe folks with December birthdays might be tired of sharing their special day. These colors are a bit sunnier for these dark days of winter.

Fussy cutting is not my favorite technique but sometimes you just don't have a choice! These flowers weren't too bad, but I wouldn't have wanted to do too many.



This design was inspired by this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Painted Harvest, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Paper - Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock; Mossy Meadow and Very Vanilla Cardstock

Ink - Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow

Accessories - Crushed Curry 3/8" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon

Tools - Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Leaf Punch, Detailed Trio Punch, Paper Snips, Big Shot, Layered Leaves Dynamic Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, fresh design! The embossed background elevates this to the next level. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! I sure love that sunflower and the beautiful embossed background! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That big bloom is lovely! Pretty birthday card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!