Sunday, December 13, 2020

Cards of the Day - Layered Circles

Hello and welcome back! Today I've got two cards made with the same technique and colors but with different layouts. Here's the first one:



 This card was inspired by the challenge at As You See It.


I already had the patterned paper in mind and I chose the colors based on that. Unfortunately, I had it in my head that one of the papers in this pack had snowflakes, but no such luck! Oh well. I decided to use the stars instead for the background and then stuck on a few small iridescent snowflakes to fulfill that requirement. The circles are die-cut and the ribbon tied around the center of the card hides the straight edges to help with the illusion.

Since I had to cut two sets of circles to get the parts I needed for one card, I figured "why waste them?" and made another card:



This design was inspired by the challenge at Fab Friday



The circle would make a nice ornament, but I decided against it since this is a birthday card. Once again, the ribbon around the center hides the seams.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Posted for You, Many Mates (inside sentiment)

Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Shaded Spruce Cardstock; Classic Christmas DSP

Ink - Cherry Cobbler

Accessories - Adhesive-Backed Snowflakes, Cherry Cobbler 3/8" Diagonal Stripe Ribbon

Tools - Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots

5 comments:

  1. Very cool designs! Love the colors and the swirly circles are awesome. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this split circles technique for our sketch circle element! And the matchy striped DSP and the ribbon! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, Cindi - what a great optical effect - I totally need to try this sometime! Great use of those papers! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are great, Cindi. I've seen this technique around but never given it a go. Good on you for getting such wonderful results with it. I like the optical illusions created by rearranging the circles like this. Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenge. Best wishes for the year ahead and for a happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool looking, Cindi! I love the colours you've chosen to work with! I need to give that technique a try as well! The snowflakes are totally legit for the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenges! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!