Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Card of the Day - Silver & Black Birthday

 Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for a friend's birthday next week.


Mary has silver hair and almost always wears black and white, so when I saw this color challenge, I knew it was perfect for her Christmas Eve Eve birthday!

This Silver Foil Vellum has been in my stash for years and I hadn't even opened it yet! It's the perfect background for the ornate die cuts. I can't believe how shiny that silver foil is - it's like a mirror!


Because I created a mini slimline card, I had to make a custom envelope. I found this old Neutrals patterned paper that has a silver sheen to it and it was striped on one side, so it matches the card! Since I'd already decided that this card would be hand-delivered, I figured I might as well go all out and use the really big clear epoxy droplets. I'd never be able to put those through the mail!

This card was inspired by the color challenge at The Paper Players and the sketch challenge at TGIF Challenges.



 I hope Mary likes this card - I think it's classy, just like her! :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Perennial Birthday

Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock, Basic Black Cardstock, Silver Foil Paper, Silver Foil Vellum, Neutrals Patterns DSP

Ink - Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black (inside sentiment), Smoky Slate (envelope)

Accessories - Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets, Basic Black 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Silver Embossing Powder

Tools - Big Shot, Ornate Layers Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Envelope Punch Board, Heat Tool

5 comments:

  1. Love the classic silver and black! So elegant!!! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love slim line cards and this is so elegant! That silver background is amazing! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card, I am sure Mary will love it. Love the die cut frame in silver! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card and your friend will too! It will be right up her alley! I love the simple sentiment paired with the all the layers--ornate frames, ribbon, embellishments--love it all! Thanks for playing with our last challenge of 2020 at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Cindi! Love the shiny silver foil and the detailed dies. Thanks so much for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!