Thursday, August 26, 2021

Card of the Day - Starshine Sympathy

 Hello and welcome back! Today I have a sympathy card for a friend who recently lost a close friend.

My design was inspired by the sketch at Just Add Ink. I missed the cutoff for entry, but I liked the simple sketch.


I used the Little Twinkle stamp set to stamp the heart in Whisper White Craft Ink, which I then embossed with clear embossing powder. I punched the stars and moon from Silver Foil Paper and then attached them to the Twinkle Twinkle DSP card front layer. The DSP is layered on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and some bakers twine from the Flowers for Every Season ribbon combo was tied around the front before adhering it to the Night of Navy card base.


The idea to use stars came from this sentiment. I was so happy to see it in the In Your Words stamp set (available as a Sale-A-Bration host gift with a $300 workshop order). It's one of my favorites for sympathy cards.



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Little Twinkle, Inspired Thoughts, In Your Words

Paper - Night of Navy and Whisper White cardstock; Twinkle Twinkle DSP; Silver Foil Paper

Ink - Whisper White Craft Ink, Night of Navy, Misty Moonlight

Accessories - Misty Moonlight/Whisper White bakers twine from Flowers for Every Season ribbon combo, Clear Embossing Powder

Tools - Twinkle Builder Punch, Heat Tool, Double Oval Punch, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stamparatus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!