Sunday, March 19, 2023

Awesome Waves Birthday

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

This design is pretty close to the sketch, so I'm entering it at Hand Stamped Sentiments


I needed a birthday card for my half-sister who loves the beach and thought this set would be perfect! I've had it for awhile now but had never inked it up. I had the design in mind when I started putting it together but didn't think it through all the way, so I had to change it up a bit. Originally, I was going to leave the wave die cuts free-floating, but I added the DSP to the card front before I die cut the window so I couldn't put the wave in between the layers. I also felt like they needed a bit of structure, so I added a window sheet inside the card to hold the wave, then created a frame with some Basic White cardstock to cover the inside. Some of the glue is visible on the back of the window sheet, but it's not too obtrusive.


I hate to waste scraps of the fancy papers, so I decided to add a couple of clouds and use the foil for the accents.


I just love the colors in this foil paper and the DSP!



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Waves of Inspiration

Paper - Basic White and Pacific Point Cardstock; Waves of the Ocean DSP; Blue Foils Specialty Paper; Window Sheets

Ink - Pacific Point

Tools - Big Shot, Waves Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, Adhesive Sheets

1 comment:

  1. Wowza! Gorgeous window card, what a great way to run those layers! I think this is my fave of this suite ever! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!