Saturday, March 18, 2023

Woven Rainbow Birthday

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

I was able to combine three challenges to create this card: the "use your scraps" challenge at SUO Challenges, the rainbow challenge at Shopping Our Stash, and the "spring cleaning stash" challenge at As You See It.


My cards often have several layers and when I cut those layers, I end up with lots of skinny strips. I used to throw them into the recycling bin, but about a year ago, I decided to start saving them. I didn't have a plan, but thought I might find a way to use them at some point. The challenges this week were the perfect excuse!

I took strips in as many rainbow colors as could find and wove them into a square. I die cut a large circle out of a layer of Basic White and adhered the woven piece onto the back, trimming off the overhanging bits. I added the Basic Black frame by using the same die and the next larger one from the old Circles Collection dies and added that to the front layer. This whole layer is popped up on the card base. I stamped the greeting and used one of the banners from Stylish Shapes to cut it out, then layered it onto a strip of Gorgeous Grape cardstock before popping it up on the front. Every card needs a bit of bling, so I added a few Gold Glitter Enamel Dots.



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!0:

Stamp set - Occasionally Funny

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic White, Basic Black, and Gorgeous Grape cardstock; Assorted colored strips - all Stampin' Up colors

Ink - Gorgeous Grape

Accessories - Gold Glitter Enamel Dots

Tools - Big Shot, Circles Collection Framelits, Stylish Shapes Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals



8 comments:

  1. Rainbow scraps...love it!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you joined the fun over at Shopping Our Stash and played along with our “over the rainbow” challenge. -Deb Horst, DT #SOS492

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cindi, this is GLORIOUS! I am such a fan of color, and this is a stunning way to play with it! Perfect scrappy card! Love how the circle dies contain it, too!
    Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really clever way of using up those strips that we all have and wonder what to do with! Putting the circle over the top really showcases the weaving. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It - it's always a pleasure to see your work in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!! I love the weaving!! I'm going to have to give it a try!! Thanks for sharing with us at SUOC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always toss those thin strips too! Maybe I should be saving them for something as colourful and artistic as this! Thanks for spring cleaning with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a fabulous idea Cindi! It's so effective - I love the bright rainbow colours. Thanks for joining our spring cleaning at As You See It challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a genius way to use up your scraps Cindi! We all have these offcuts and your woven circle is so effective, a design in itself! So cheery in the rainbow colours too. Thanks for playing along with our Spring Clean Your Stash challenge over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beauty and patience of this is stunning! As always, thank you so much for participating with us at SUOChallenges.com and we look forward to seeing you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!