Friday, January 7, 2022

Artistic Birthday

 Hello and welcome back! I was purging some old (like from at least 15 years ago!) card magazines but decided to skim through them to see if there was any inspiration left inside. And boy, did I find some! This design was inspired by a card that I found by Dawn McVey.

I used a Blending Brush to add a hint of Petal Pink to the doily, then scattered the flowers from Artistically Inked down the left side of the card. The sentiment fit nicely in the corner.


But the highlight is those sparkly, glittery, Iridescent Rhinestones! They are in the new January-June 2022 Mini Catalog and I will have to order many, many more of these! They are gorgeous in person!

This card is entered in the challenges at the Paper Players and Sunday Stamps Challenge. Don't those flowers remind you of bokeh? They did for me!


Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Artistically Inked

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock, Basic White Cardstock

Ink - Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, Bumblebee, Night of Navy, Misty Moonlight

Accessories - White Tea Lace Doilies, Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels

Tools - Big Shot, Artistic Dies, Blending Brushes, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, Cindi! This is a great layout. The colors you used for the flowers are beautiful together! The Iridescent Rhinestones are so sparkly! Thank you for making my challenge shine this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Cindi, what a great use of those flowers! Bonus - that layout even looks a bit like bokeh, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty softly subtle card Cindi! Love your take on the bokeh and the little touch of sparkle with the rhinestones! I've got to add them to my next order. Thanks for playing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Soft and feminine and I LOVE the rhinestones! I guess I'll need to add them to my next order too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to showcase the flower's details and rock this weeks color challenge! So very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!