Saturday, January 1, 2022

Cookies or Cocktails?

Happy New Year and welcome back! I'm excited to share with you my first cards of 2022!



This card was inspired by the Weird Holidays challenge at Double Trouble. Did you know that December 18 is Bake Cookies Day? Neither did I! I'm also entering this at The Paper Funday Challenge for the Double Dare.

I started out using the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, but made a ink smudge that I couldn't cover up without straying too far from the sketch. I was stamping the cookies onto the DSP to get the crumbs when I dropped the stamp - oops! I decided to cover the smudge with the die-cut and left the fully stamped cookie in the background.


But now I needed another card for the FMS challenge so I recreated it with cocktails!


Here's the sketch I was working from.

I have an old high school friend who is having some serious surgery this week, so I think he'll be getting the "cocktails" card to cheer him up afterward. Please send some positive mojo into the universe for a successful procedure! 

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Cookies card:

Stamp set - Nothing's Better Than

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Granny Apple Green, Crumb Cake, Highland Heather, and Balmy Blue cardstock; Oh So Ombre DSP

Ink - Early Espresso

Accessories - Silver & Clear Epoxy Essentials

Tools - Big Shot, Love You More Than Dies, Adhesive Sheets, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Cocktails card:

Stamp set - Nothing's Better Than

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Rococo Rose, Mint Macaron, Merry Merlot, and Basic White cardstock; Oh So Ombre DSP

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Granny Apple Green, Rococo Rose

Accessories - Silver & Clear Epoxy Essentials

Tools - Big Shot, Love You More Than Dies, Adhesive Sheets, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

 

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous, Cindi! Such fun colors and images. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #99.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindi, I think there should be a special day for cookies AND cocktails! Love both your cards! It's so exasperating when I'm creating and at the very end do something like drop a stamp accidently. You've recovered quite nicely! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookie or Cocktails? Yes, please! Great cards and fun images. Thanks for entering your lovely project in our challenge at The Paper Funday. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are fun and creative... dropping a stamp on your card is not always an awful thing, somehow it always works out. Torn between the cookies or the cocktails... love them both. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!