Thursday, December 30, 2021

Expressions in Color Birthdays

Hello and welcome back! I've got some catching up to do today to finish up birthday cards for the end of the year. I've also gotten behind on my Paper Pumpkins and other kits, as evidenced by this photo.


 So in order to solve two problems at once, I pulled a kit from the middle of that stack and made all birthday cards with it.


The first two cards are made pretty much exactly as the kit describes. The second card has the birthday sentiment instead of the congratulations in the kit.



This is the card that is really different from the kit. It was originally a thank you note card but I used the parts to make it a full-sized birthday card. The patterned paper and solid card base were trimmed to keep the measurements proportional. I used the Artistic Dies to die cut the large floral motif out of vellum cardstock. I added an Adhesive Sheet to the back before cutting to make it easier to attach the piece to the card front. Even with that, it didn't want to stick so I ran over it several times with an old rubber brayer to help with the adhesion. I added some Evening Evergreen ribbon under the sentiment strip and then a few sequins from the kit to finish it off.

On to another kit! Maybe I can get a bit ahead for January!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Kit - Expressions In Color (Paper Pumpkin June 2021)

Stamp sets - Artistically Inked, In Your Words (inside sentiment)

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock, Vellum Cardstock

Ink - Bumblebee, Soft Succulent, Fresh Freesia

Accessories - Evening Evergreen Open Weave Ribbon

Tools - Big Shot, Artistic Dies, Adhesive Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!