Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Dove of Hope Sympathy

Hello and welcome back! Well, I finally got all my Christmas cards done and put them in the mail yesterday. Sadly, while I was preparing them, I found out that one of my old high school classmates lost his wife last week. So the card I had already made out for them was out the window (so to speak). It's incredibly difficult to make sympathy cards right before Christmas and I can really empathize with those who lose loved ones near the holidays, as I have lost more than a few myself at this time of year.

Anyway, I needed to make a card to send to him so I went to Pinterest for some ideas and CASEd a card from Yvonne Pree.

Yvonne's card was all in white, but I felt like that was a bit too stark so I used Balmy Blue instead. She is an Australian demo and her card was sized differently so I had to adjust my "angel wings" more horizontally to fit on the front without hanging over. I added three Opal Rounds to the center to cover the glue.



This card was simple to make but I think those wings make a great impact.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Woven Heirlooms, Dove of Hope (inside sentiment and envelope)

Paper - Balmy Blue Cardstock, Vellum Cardstock

Ink - Misty Moonlight

Accessories - Opal Rounds

Tools - Big Shot, Stitched Nested Labels, Detailed Dove Dies, Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!