Thursday, December 23, 2021

Happy 85th Birthday!

 Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for a friend who is celebrating her 85th birthday today!

I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps for the design.


I had originally planned to put the "85" element on the card front, but I wasn't sure if she wanted to advertise her age, so I swapped it out for the birthday cake, which was colored with Stampin' Blends. Not wanting to waste that first element, I opted to put it inside and make it a pop-up, using the tutorial from Vy Tran. (I used this tutorial to create some cards last week too.) I had to tweak it a bit to get it to fit, but it worked perfectly!



I hand delivered the card today and Mary was very impressed!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Happy Birthday to You, Forever Blossoms (on envelope)

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic White, Blushing Bride, Pool Party Cardstock; Birthday Bouquet DSP

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Pool Party; Stampin' Blends: Pool Party Dark and Light, Mint Macaron Dark and Light, Old Olive Dark and Light, Petal Pink Dark, Bermuda Bay Light, Basic Black Light

Accessories - Blushing Bride Bakers Twine, Matte Black Dots

Tools - Big Shot, Layering Ovals Dies, Birthday Dies, Large Numbers Framelits, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Fantastic colors, love the popup inside too. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Cindi - I loved this set! How perfect your coloring is with this DSP, and what a great card for a momentous birthday! Yay! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!