Monday, December 13, 2021

Peaceful Cabin Sympathy

 Hello and welcome back! This card started out as a CASE from the July-December Mini Catalog for my Christmas card stash. However, it turned out to be much more involved than I anticipated, so I just made one and created a sympathy card for the widow of someone who recently passed at my church.

The card in the catalog uses the Cork Specialty Paper as a background. I don't have any of that but I did find some old adhesive cork in my stash, so I figured I might as well try that. This is actually cork, not just something printed to look like it, so it's got some real texture to it. I wasn't sure which adhesives would work but the green glue seems to hold paper to it just fine. The sample also had lots of layering with dimensionals but I didn't want to add more thickness because of the cork, so I only used them for the sentiment piece and the foxes.


I tucked a circle of silver foil behind the cabin and tree because I felt like it needed the moon. Surprisingly, this card isn't any heavier than any other with lots of layers.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamp sets - Peaceful Cabin, Inspired Thoughts

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic White Cardstock; Snowflake Splendor DSP; Silver Foil Sheets; Adhesive Cork Stack (DCWV)

Ink - Soft Suede, Early Espresso

Tools - Big Shot, Cabin Dies, Basic Borders Dies, 3/4" Circle Punch, Detailed Trio Punch, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!