Thursday, January 27, 2022

Cue the Confetti!

 Hello and welcome back! This week, a couple of challenges called for CAS (clean and simple) cards, so I used a color challenge from another and came up with this.

As someone who has never met a die-cut or embellishment she didn't like, this was a bit of a challenge for me. But I went back to the old "simple stamping" motto - stamps, ink, and paper. And, well, there is a little bit of embellishment! I had a few adhesive iridescent sequins on my table from some old Paper Pumpkin kits, so I decided to put them to work.


This card was inspired by the sketch challenge at the Paper Players, the color challenge at Retro Rubber Challenge, and the clean and simple challenge at SUO Challenges.



And shoot, I just noticed that I put my sentiment in the wrong place for the Paper Players sketch! Oops!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Pattern Play (from AC 2020-2021)

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Blushing Bride and Basic White Cardstock

Ink - Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Soft Sea Foam, Pool Party, Bashful Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories - iridescent sequins from old Paper Pumpkin kits

Tools - Multipurpose Liquid Glue

8 comments:

  1. Clean and simple perfection, Cindi! I absolutely LOVE what you did with the sketch. A great paper choice! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Cindi - perfect color choices for our theme, and lovely CAS design! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, totally missed that you did this for SU Only too! Yay! Perfect! Thanks so much for playing at SU Only!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindi, I love the soft, pastel colors and your iridescent sequins are the perfect finishing touch. Such a wonderful take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, I love those stripes, so very CAS, but jazzed up with the colours and the sequins. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stamping of those lines is perfection! Great sentiment too (I put mine in the wrong spot the first time I used this sketch too!)! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply a subtle beauty! I love that you combined this sketch so perfectly with our colors! Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely the epitome of clean and simple. Great colors! Thank you for much for playing along with us at SUOChallenges.com and we hope to see you again tomorrow for our new challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!