Saturday, August 13, 2022

From the Herd Magic Card

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for a friend who has developed an obsession with alpacas! I didn't have any stamps with alpacas, but there's a llama in this set, so I figured it was the next best thing! Here's the card:

And it's a magic card! I found a tutorial by Lisa Curcio and adapted it to fit my image. It was tricky because the image is so large, but I mostly made it work. I should have left a little more room at the top, but my friend was SO surprised!
The design is pretty close to the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week, although I did rotate it, so I'll enter it.

The coloring took some time, as did my calculations for the window in the card front. I couldn't use a die to cut the window because my dimensions didn't fit anything I had, so I had to use my trimmer. 



 This is another of my favorite retired sets that I don't think I'll ever get rid of!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping (and coloring too)!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - From The Herd

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic White, Crushed Curry, Pacific Point Cardstock; Party Animal DSP

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Staz-On Jet Black; Stampin' Blends: Bronze, Ivory, Balmy Blue Light, Granny Apple Green Light, Pale Papaya Dark and Light, Pink Pirouette Dark and Light, Pumpkin Pie Dark and Light, Smoky Slate Dark and Light, Natural Medium Deep (SU300 & SU400), Natural Medium (SU600), Natural Medium Light (SU700)

Accessories - Window Sheet, Emerald Envy 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

Tools - Stamparatus, 1" Circle Punch, Stampin' Trimmer, 1/8" Handheld Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Tear & Tape, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. What a fun technique! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card - great technique! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!