Sunday, June 27, 2021

Card of the Day - More Wood Anniversaries!

Hello and welcome back! I mentioned about a month ago that I had several 5th anniversaries coming up this summer, so today's card is for the next one - my nephew and his wife. Their wedding invitation 5 years ago had a similar theme, which I tried to copy on their wedding card, which you can see HERE.

I was inspired by the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, and chose 4 different patterns from the retired Wood Textures DSP Stack to create the main panel of the card. I alternated the direction of the grain to add interest. The first panel I made I also used an embossing folder on, but didn't like the look at all.

The jar and wire bale were stamped in Versamark on vellum and embossed with black and silver powder, respectively. The fireflies were stamped in Versamark on Early Espresso and embossed with gold powder. I used my Delicata Golden Glitz ink refill to paint the lights on the fireflies.


 The sentiment is also stamped in Versamark on Early Espresso, embossed with gold powder, and die cut with a label from the Field Tiles Dies.

Here's the inspiration sketch.


Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Jar of Love, Many Mates

Paper - Crumb Cake and Early Espresso cardstock; Vellum Cardstock; Wood Textures DSP Stack

Ink/Coloring Tools - Versamark, Early Espresso, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake; Delicata Golden Glitz Ink Refill; Gold Stampin' Dazzle Marker

Accessories - Silver Embossing Powder, Gold Embossing Powder, Black Embossing Powder, Braided Linen Trim

Tools - Big Shot, Everyday Jars Framelits, Field Tiles Dies, Heat Tool, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love how you've used different wood patterns for the four panels! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wood details on this. And the little fireflies are fantastic. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mix of wood patterns - so pretty behind those golden fireflies! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!