Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Card of the Day - Wood Anniversary

 Hello and welcome back! Yesterday I showed you a card for a 19th (jade) anniversary; today I have a card for a 5th (wood) anniversary. 

I haven't made too many slimline cards but there was a slimline challenge this week, so I decided to go for it! While a standard slimline card measures 3-1/2" x 8-1/2", mine is a bit larger (4" x 9") so I could fit the large die-cut on the front. I thought I might have to make envelopes for these cards, so I was excited to find some ivory-colored #10 envelopes in my office. They are a perfect fit for this card!

In the summer five years ago we attended several weddings, so all of those couples are celebrating their wood anniversaries this year. For this card I used the Natural Touch Specialty Paper that was offered as part of the Butterfly Brilliance suite in April. It's hard to see in the photos, but the paper is textured like woodgrain.


I originally planned to cut the floral bouquet from Very Vanilla and either sponge it or watercolor it, but then decided to make it easy on myself and cut it from Artistry Blooms DSP instead. I used the vanilla die cuts for the banners, then added a few Pastel Pearls for some bling.

This design was inspired by the challenge at Just Add Ink.


Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Hand-Drawn Blooms, Milestone Moments (inside sentiment)

Paper - Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock; Very Vanilla and Granny Apple Green cardstock; Artistry Blooms DSP; Natural Touch Specialty Paper

Ink - Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green (inside card), Highland Heather (on envelope)

Accessories - Pastel Pearls 

Tools - Big Shot, Banner Blooms Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals



3 comments:

  1. Oooh, l like this Cindi. The ombré colour on the diecut and wood grain panel are a lovely combination. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card for a wedding anniversary. Congrats to the happy couple! Your card is lovely, and it was a great idea to use the DSP for the bouquet. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great way to showcase this detailed die cut. Great focal point. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!