Saturday, September 25, 2021

Card of the Day - Spice Cake Sympathy

 Hello and welcome back! For today's card, I went waaay back in my stash of Designer Series Paper.

I think Spice Cake was one of the first DSPs I bought when I became a demonstrator a little over 10 years ago. I just loved the patterns and colors! (I think I even have some of the fabric and coordinating giant buttons somewhere in my studio...) Like many of us, I tend to hoard DSP so I thought it was time to give it some love. Don't worry, I've got plenty left! Not so with the River Rock cardstock though. Just had about a half-sheet worth of scraps but enough for this card.



The sentiment from Inspired Thoughts is stamped in Soft Suede on a scrap of River Rock and die cut with one of the dies from Tailor Made Tags. I added a little die-cut reinforcement with Pool Party, then a flag of crochet trim and a linen thread bow to tie it together.

This design was inspired by the sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps.


Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Inspired Thoughts, Day of Gratitude (envelope)

Paper - Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock; Pool Party, More Mustard, Soft Suede, River Rock cardstock; Spice Cake DSP

Ink - Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz

Accessories - Victoria Crochet Trim, Linen Thread

Tools - Big Shot, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! Love the mix of designer papers. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Cindi - I remember that DSP so fondly, lol, such perfect colors and patterns! A warm and beautiful sympathy card for sure! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!