Sunday, September 5, 2021

Card of the Day - Delicate Dahlias

Hello and welcome back! I made today's cards for birthdays, but I didn't put a sentiment on the front, so they could be used for anything.


 When looking through some upcoming challenges, there weren't any sketches, so I pulled up my PDF of old Operation Write Home sketches and used a random number generator to pick one. The winner (?) was # 118.


The challenges I used to design the card were from Just Add Ink and Paper Craft Crew.



As you can see from the photo above, once I created the focal piece for the card front, I couldn't decide which color card base to use, so I made one of each!




I didn't get too carried away with the "sparkle & shimmer," just adding a few rhinestones to the flower center and some Wink of Stella to the leaves. I have a love/hate relationship with Wink, as you may be able to notice in the photo below. It either comes out too fast and blotches, or too slow and you can't really see it. I also have trouble photographing it. 



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Delicate Dahlias, Best Year (inside sentiment)

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Whisper White, Night of Navy, and Coastal Cabana Cardstock

Ink - Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana

Accessories - Night of Navy Gingham Ribbon, Clear Wink of Stella, Basic Rhinestones

Tools - Big Shot, Basic Borders Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots


By the Numbers:

Whisper White stamped piece - 3 x 3

Night of Navy die cut layer - 3-1/8 x 4-1/4 (ends will be trimmed by die cutting)

Coastal Cabana layer - 3-1/4 x 4-1/4

Whisper White or Night of Navy - 3-1/2 x 4-1/2

Card base - 4-1/4 x 11, score at 5-1/2

2 comments:

  1. These a fabulous Cindi, such a fun use of the colours and products and l love both colourways…very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colour dahlia is so pretty & really draws the eye on your card. Lovely use of the challenges. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.
    Di

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!