Sunday, January 24, 2021

Card of the Day - Masculine Mystery Stamping

Hello and welcome back! As promised yesterday, here is the second mystery stamping card from my upline meeting this week.

And here are the instructions for cutting:

Card base 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" - I used Thick Whisper White

DSP (2 different patterns) 2" x 5-1/4" (vertical) and 2-1/2" x 3-1/4" (horizontal) - I used two different colors from the retired Color Theory

Contrast cardstock (2 different colors) 3/4" x 4 - Crushed Curry, 2" x 2" - Melon Mambo

White or Vanilla greeting stamped on 2 x 2 (stamped like a diamond) - I used a die from the Stitched Shapes set that is approximately 1-5/8" square

The original instructions called for the sentiment piece to be 2 x 2 and the layer underneath to be 2-1/4 x 2-1/4. I adjusted these since I used the die for the sentiment.


After I cut the DSP I felt like it needed to be grounded so I cut some matching cardstock 1/8" larger than the DSP pieces to layer underneath. I also added a layer of Whisper White (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") that is embossed with the Old World Paper embossing folder. The square with the sentiment was popped up with dimensionals on the top and bottom corners; then I added some glue to the back of the banner piece and slid it underneath so I could center it exactly. 

I decided to use the colors from this week's challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. I wanted a masculine card, so the Melon Mambo threw me for a loop. It makes the perfect accent to frame the sentiment.


 Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Handsomely Suited

Paper - Thick Whisper White cardstock; Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, and Melon Mambo cardstock; Color Theory DSP

Ink - Old Olive, Crushed Curry

Tools - Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

3 comments:

  1. What a fun use of this week's colors. Thanks for joining us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layering of the colors of this week. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout in challenge colors on your fun card, love it! Thanks Cindi for joining us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!