Thursday, January 14, 2021

Card of the Day - Sunflower Shutter Birthday

 Hello and welcome back! I have a couple of friends celebrating "I just signed up for Medicare" birthdays this month, so a special card is in order.


I've been wanting to try a shutter card, and I found a really good tutorial on Lisa Curcio's blog. There's a video and she gives all the measurements, along with some great tips. You can find it HERE.


There was one thing that I don't think she mentioned, so I'll do it here. Make sure when you cut the circle in the inside panel that it is closer to the center top to bottom. I put mine too close to the top and when I added the dimensionals, the shutter couldn't line up correctly. I ended up using a foam adhesive strip so that I would have a little more space. The benefit is that the strips are a little thicker than dimensionals so there is more room for the shutter to work.

A bonus is that this design is perfect for the sketch challenge at TGIF this week, and I pulled the colors from this week's challenge at the Paper Players.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Celebrate Sunflowers, Band Together, Dragonfly Garden

Paper - Misty Moonlight, Bumblebee, Blackberry Bliss, and Whisper White cardstock; Dandy Garden DSP

Ink - Bumblebee, Blackberry Bliss

Tools - Big Shot, Circles Collection Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Sunflower Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Foam Adhesive Strips, Tear & Tape

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindi. What a beautiful card! You used the colors perfectly and you coordinated the patterned paper beautifully. Love the sunflower! Thank you for joining us over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cindi! What a fabulous fold...and a perfect way to use the challenge colors! I LOVE it! Thank you for playing in my color challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS! I know all about those Medicare birthdays and this is a GREAT way to celebrate them! I love that shutter fold as well as the beautiful papers you've used! Amazing! Thanks for playing with our colors this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!