Saturday, January 30, 2021

Card of the Day - Always in My Heart Anniversary

Hello and welcome back! I've got several friends that will be celebrating their 40th wedding anniversaries this year and the first is coming up on Valentine's Day. The 40th is the ruby anniversary, so I knew I would have to create something with red and the holiday practically requires it! Here's today's card:


I used the new Always in My Heart stamp set with the coordinating Floral Heart Dies. I was going to use Red Foil Paper but I thought it was a little too bright, so I pulled the red glimmer paper from my stash. I added a piece of an Adhesive Sheet to the back of the glimmer paper before die cutting. It's so much easier to add the die cut to the card front that way! The numbers are from a retired set - Memorable Moments.


I'm always on the lookout for more anniversary-friendly stamp sets, so I was excited to see this one in the current mini catalog. 

This design was inspired by the challenge at As You See It and this week's Tic Tac Toe Challenge. I've used the left hand column - red, free, sentiment.




Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Always in My Heart, Memorable Moments

Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; Whisper White and Real Red cardstock; Red Glimmer Paper

Ink - Real Red, Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz

Tools - Big Shot, Floral Heart Dies, Adhesive Sheets, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-Jig

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous ruby anniversary card! The red glimmer paper is so opulent and the red mat really makes it sing. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful anniversary card. Love the heart die cut from the red glimmer paper. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely Cindi - the red glimmer paper was an excellent choice and this makes a very special anniversary card for sure. Thanks for joining us over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This die satisfied all the elements of the left hand side of the sketch perfectly in one fell swoop! And it looks gorgeous for a Ruby Anniversary! Thanks for using our sketch at As You See It Challenges, Cindi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is stunning! I love the "ruby" glimmer paper (my birthstone is ruby too!) and it makes for quite an impressive design on your card! The subtle 40 is a nice addition! Thanks for sharing this with us at As You See It and Tic Tac Toe too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindi! Stunning this is a lovely anniversary card and the recipient who receives it will love it as well. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at Tic Tac Toe challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!