Friday, February 12, 2021

Card of the Day - Blended Background Sympathy

 Hello and welcome back! I made today's card to add to my sympathy stash. A couple of friends have lost loved ones this week and I didn't have anything ready to go.


Dear Doily was one of my favorite sets when it came out a couple of years ago and it's perfect for a sympathy card. I purchased a couple of sets of the Blending Brushes when they came out but have only tried them once. They are so smooth, I don't think I'll ever use sponges or daubers again! I stamped the words first, then did the blending, and finally added the doilies.



They are hard to see, but I added tiny Epoxy Shapes to the center of the small motifs. 


I made two sets of cards, one with the Coastal Cabana at the top and one with the Gorgeous Grape at the top. Both have Balmy Blue in between.

This card was inspired by the challenge at Just Add Ink.


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Dear Doily

Paper - Shimmery White and Basic Black Cardstock

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Gorgeous Grape, Coastal Cabana, Balmy Blue

Accessories - Playing With Patterns Ribbon Combo Pack, Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes

Tools - Stamparatus, Blending Brushes, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great blening, soft and Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful Sympathy cards, Cindi. The soft blended colours and doily patterns work together to create a lovely effect. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity of the black doilies against the colours in the background. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!