Thursday, February 11, 2021

Card of the Day - Hey Birthday Chick!

Hello and welcome back! For today's card I raided my substantial stash of retired products for some DSP, cardstock, and a background stamp. Here's my card:


I still have the old "Hey Chick" set in my collection from four years ago, so when I saw the "Hey Birthday Chick" set in the new mini, I just knew I had to have it. It seems that I was not the only one who felt that way, because Stampin' Up! decided to bring back the old set AND create dies for both sets! So much fun!

For this card, I used Gumball Green for the card base, an old In Color from about 9 years ago, and I pulled out a coordinating DSP, Print Poetry. The background on the oval is the Netting stamp, also an oldie but goodie.



The chick with balloon is colored in with Stampin' Blends and popped up with dimensionals. I love that die-cut Happy Birthday!



 And I didn't forget the inside - the little chick is also colored in with Stampin' Blends.

This design was inspired by the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Hey Birthday Chick, Netting

Paper - Gumball Green, Poppy Parade, and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Print Poetry DSP

Ink/Coloring Tools - Memento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede (on envelope); Stampin' Blends: Crumb Cake Dark and Light, Poppy Parade Dark and Light, Mango Melody Dark, So Saffron Light, Call Me Clover Light; Stampin' Write Markers: Flirty Flamingo and Mango Melody (on envelope)

Tools - Big Shot, Birthday Chick Dies, Layering Ovals Framelits, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I'm chuckling at that up, up and away chicken! Super cute. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog Cindi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightfully fun card, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute card, Cindi!! Love the color comparison of green and red! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!