Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Card of the Day - Honey Bee Birthday

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for a high school friend who is a beekeeper. I used this set to make her card last year and searched Pinterest for a new idea this year. When I found Teri Pocock's gorgeous card (here's her post), I couldn't NOT make it! Here's my version:

This swing tent card was one I hadn't seen before. Teri's video tutorial explained everything so well that it wasn't too difficult. The only change I made was to cut an oval in the front instead of a rectangle. 

The one element I wasn't sure I'd be able to replicate was the coloring on the flowers. Teri used the Delicata Golden Glitz reinker and an Aqua Painter, but the reinker only lasted through one mini catalog and I didn't buy it at the time. So once again, I put in a call to my upline and she just happened to have it! It is so pretty - the photos don't do it justice!




I also had a nice long phone call with a friend this afternoon and told her about this card. She told me that she had just ordered bee earrings for herself and her daughters. The company she purchased them from is working to help the bee population, so I'll be sending her one of these cards as well.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Honey Bee

Paper - Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper, Golden Honey Specialty DSP, Window Sheet

Ink/Coloring Tools - Memento Tuxedo Black, Daffodil Delight, Versamark, Delicata Golden Glitz Inker; Stampin' Blends: Daffodil Delight Dark and Light

Accessories - Vintage Brads, Clear Embossing Powder

Tools - Big Shot, Ovals Collection Framelits, Detailed Bee Dies, Ornate Frames Dies, 1/16" Handheld Punch, Heat Tool, Aqua Painters, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Tear & Tape, Stampin' Dimensionals, Black Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!