Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Card of the Day - Hydrangea Haven

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for a friend with a lovely garden whose birthday is coming up this month.


I fell in love with this stamp set as soon as I saw it in the catalog, and the DSP that coordinates with it is luscious! I love hydrangeas but have absolutely no luck with them in my garden. So I'll have to settle for the paper ones!



I stamped the flower head in Balmy Blue and layered the die cut on Misty Moonlight to make the petals stand out. The leaves and stem are stamped in Old Olive, then the die cut leaves were layered on top. I used a piece of Adhesive Sheet on the cardstock to help the leaves adhere better. It's the best for delicate die cuts! I embossed a piece of vellum and layered it over a piece of DSP. I love the look of embossed vellum - it's one of my favorite techniques, and it's super easy!

This design was inspired by the sketch challenge at Paper Craft Crew and the tic-tac-toe challenge at the Paper Players. I went from upper left to lower right - die-cut, embossing, blue.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Hydrangea Haven

Paper - Balmy Blue, Old Olive, Misty Moonlight, and Whisper White cardstock; Vellum Cardstock; Hydrangea Hill DSP

Ink - Balmy Blue, Old Olive, Misty Moonlight

Tools - Big Shot, Hydrangea Dies, Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder, Adhesive Sheets, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. A gardener will certainly appreciate this card; it's lovely! I really like the embossed vellum, the geometric print goes well with the floral theme! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Cindi! I love the embossed vellum over the designer paper. The hydrangea is absolutely stunning in Balmy Blue! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!