Thursday, February 24, 2022

Friendly Love and Support

 Hello and welcome back! I needed a quick, simple card for a friend who recently lost her mother. Here's what I came up with.

I used the sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches and the Sale-A-Bration challenge at TGIF Challenges for inspiration. 




I simply cut 1-1/2" squares from the DSP and Basic White for the sentiment and layered them onto 1-5/8" squares of Basic Black cardstock. I used a 1/2" circle punch to notch the edge of the card so that I could tie the ribbon around the card front. A few gems were added to the flower centers for a bit of accent. Even a clean and simple card needs a bit of embellishment.



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Friendly Hello, In Your Words (inside sentiment)

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock, Basic Black Cardstock, Friendly Hello DSP

Ink - Pool Party

Accessories - Elegant Faceted Gems, White Glittered Organdy Ribbon

Tools - 1/2" Circle Punch, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots

2 comments:

  1. Cindi those fresh florals and heartfelt sentiment are perfect for a 'thinking of you' card; I'm sure your friend will appreciate it. Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the floral paper! Perfect for this sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!