Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Honey Bee Birthday - Again!

 Hello and welcome back! Every year at this time, I pull out my Honey Bee stamp set and coordinating dies to make a birthday card for an old high school classmate who is a beekeeper. Here's this year's card.

I CASEd this card from Teri Pocock, a demonstrator in the UK. I just made a couple of changes. I didn't have any sequins or beads to make a shaker card so I used a layer of Be Dazzling Specialty Paper to substitute for the shaker. This also cut down on the thickness of the card. Just like Teri, I stamped the bees and sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black and then Versamark so I could heat emboss with clear embossing powder. The Stamparatus makes it so easy to do this!


I used a different sentiment and punched it using the Double Oval Punch. I added a bit of Daffodil Delight ribbon from the old Gingham Gala combo.



The bees on the inside are also stamped and embossed. I just finished the card to get in the mail but her birthday is today, so I added the belated sentiment stamp.

Teri's card was a great inspiration to me. I don't know what I'd do without Pinterest!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Honey Bee, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic Black and Daffodil Delight Cardstock; Be Dazzling Specialty Paper; Window Sheets

Ink/Coloring Tools - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark; Stampin' Blends: Daffodil Delight Dark and Light

Accessories - Gingham Gala Ribbon Combo, Clear Embossing Powder

Tools - Big Shot, Detailed Bee Dies, Double Oval Punch, Heat Tool, Stamparatus, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Tear 'n' Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!