Friday, January 20, 2023

Is It Christmas Yeti?

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

This card is for the challenges at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and As You See It.


Every year I say I'm going to start my Christmas cards earlier and every year I don't! So this year I'm going to try to enter as many challenges as I can at Christmas Card Throwdown, and that should give me a head start. We'll see how long this lasts!

This was an interesting color combination for a Christmas card, but I think I made it work with this cute yeti set. I might have to work on the placement though, because the scarf is hanging off the edge. There will be some tweaks coming up, but overall, I'm pretty happy with this.


The colors limited what I could do, but I'll probably try something else with this set later in the year.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Yeti to Party

Paper - Basic White, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, and Tahitian Tide Cardstock

Ink - Early Espresso, Tahitian Tide; Stampin' Blends: Crumb Cake Dark and Light

Accessories - Silver/White Metallic Ribbon

Tools - Big Shot, Yeti Dies, Deckled Rectangles Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Wintry 3D Embossing Folder, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. what a great card! thank you for playing along with the 52 christmas card throwdown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindi, I personally love that the scarf overhangs the edge of the card, it gives the Yeti a distinct personality, but I know it's problematic for mailing! I really like the embossed border and your choice of ribbon, too! Thanks for using our sketch on As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi... fabulous Yeti! His face is too cute for words. Thanks you so much for joining and sharing at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just awesome - I so love the yeti! That scarf is great - it pops off the screen, and he looks fab against his backdrop! And what a great use for that ribbon on the border - brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, Christmas already?!! Well done, you! Very cute. I do love the way his scarf flies off the edge of the card - it looks like he's speed skating! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love the colors especially that pop of scarf color! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally made these colours work for a Christmas card Cindi - and your yeti makes a great centrepiece for our sketch too. I love that the scarf overhangs slightly and the blue really pops against the neutrals. Great embossed border and use of ribbon too. Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!