Saturday, February 4, 2023

Birthday Queen

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

The inspiration for this design came from the challenge at Try Stampin on Tuesday. I couldn't make the idea in my head work for the sketch, but I could always add more layers!


This is another birthday card for a high school friend who is a beekeeper. It's become an annual tradition for me to try and find something with bees for her card. This new stamp set came just at the right time!

I used my Stamparatus for the bee so that I could get a nice crisp image to color. The Stampin' Blends I used were the colors taken from the DSP. Since the DSP is so vibrant, I added a layer of vellum to help the bee stand out a bit more. For the crown and the words, I couldn't get the look I wanted from Versamark and silver embossing powder so I tried stamping in silver metallic ink and then embossing with clear powder. I liked this result so much better! The layer under the DSP is Basic White cardstock embossed with the Hive 3D folder, then brushed with Crushed Curry ink for dimension. I think it looks a bit like a honeycomb -- at least that's what I was going for!



Of course, I also had to add a heart of gold. The silver and white bakers twine and iridescent pearls add just a bit of sparkle and bling to this bee-utiful card!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!, but some are retired):

Stamp set - Queen Bee

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic White and Starry Sky Cardstock; Dainty Flowers DSP; Vellum Cardstock; Gold Foil Sheet

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Crushed Curry, Silver Encore Metallic Ink; Stampin' Blends: Daffodil Delight Dark and Light, Flirty Flamingo Dark, Fresh Freesia Dark, Old Olive Light

Accessories - Clear Embossing Powder, Iridescent Pearls Basic Jewels, Silver and White Bakers Twine

Tools - Big Shot, Queen Bee Dies, Hive 3D Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Blending Brushes, Stamparatus, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Cindi, you've created the perfect card for your high school beekeeper friend! So smart to use the vellum to mute the pattern paper color a bit, then use those colors as your palette for coloring!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and all it's wondrous layers with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!