Sunday, November 22, 2020

Card of the Day - Sending Sunshine

Hello and welcome back! The next stamp set up in my personal unloved stamps challenge is Sending Sunshine. The timing is perfect for this one because I need a birthday card for my sister-in-law, who just happens to love the beach!


I used the recipe from the Annual Catalog to design the focal point of the card. I stamped the water and the sun, and then masked it to brayer the sand. I then masked the bottom of the card and the sun to brayer the sky. After I added the grasses, rocks, and clouds, I felt like it needed something else. Then I remembered the birds in the My Meadow stamp set. Perfect!


To make the frame, I cut 1-1/4" wide strips from the retired Wood Textures DSP. I cut two of them to 5-1/2" and glued them to a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of scrap cardstock. I then cut two more to 4-1/4" long and mitered the ends at 45 degrees and glued them to the other two sides of the frame. Once I decided how large my stamped piece needed to be, I used my Stampin' Trimmer to cut out the center of the frame. I used my Bronze Stampin' Blends marker to enhance the miters. The stamped panel and the frame were adhered to a Crumb Cake card base. The sentiment is stamped onto Crumb Cake cardstock with Soft Suede ink, then fussy cut and added to the frame with Mini Dimensionals.


I added a bit of Clear Wink of Stella to the sun, just to add a little shimmer. You might be able to see it in this photo. 

This design was inspired by the "Frame It" challenge at Inkspirational Challenges.


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Sending Sunshine, My Meadow

Paper - Whisper White and Crumb Cake Cardstock, Wood Textures DSP Stack

Ink/Coloring Tools - Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Basic Gray, Old Olive, Crumb Cake; Stampin' Blends: Bronze

Accessories - Clear Wink of Stella

Tools - Sponge Brayers, Paper Snips, Stampin' Trimmer, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!