Saturday, October 8, 2022

Cheerful Basket Birthday

 Hello and welcome back! Here's another card for today:

This card is for the challenges at Freshly Made Sketches and Paper Craft Crew.



The sketch part was easy, the trick was figuring out how to color the apples, since there was no red in the color challenge. I used the Cajun Craze Stampin' Blends and then hit a couple of spots with the Color Lifter. I think they look just fine!

The other thing I thought might be difficult was the metallic element. I knew I wanted to add that to the basket, but gold or silver would have been a bit too shiny. Fortunately, I had some of this Galvanized Metallic Paper in my stash. Also lucky that there are dies to cut those pieces - I thought I might have to cut them by hand!

I was just going to add the basket as the focal point, but thought it needed something to ground it - vellum to the rescue! A stitched circle behind the basket adds that ground without covering up the DSP underneath.



The gingham napkin hanging over the edge was an afterthought, but I like the way the design echoes the diagonal pattern in the DSP.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Cheerful Basket, Charming Sentiments

Paper - Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock; Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, and Shimmery White Cardstock; Vellum Cardstock; Galvanized Metallic Paper; Country Lane DSP

Ink - Soft Suede, Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Blends: Cajun Craze Dark and Light, Old Olive Dark and Light, Color Lifter

Tools - Big Shot, Full Basket Dies, Sentiment Silhouettes Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! It's perfect for a Fall birthday. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!