Sunday, September 4, 2022

Birthday Jubilee

 Hello and welcome back! Here's my second card for today!

This card was inspired by the color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.


I don't think I would have come up with this color combination on my own, so it was a bit challenging. I pulled out the Birthday Jubilee stamp set and matching dies, since I've been wanting to use them. When I started putting the elements together, I felt like the colored die-cuts were being overpowered by the die-cut banners, so I added a layer of vellum in between to soften the background. Now the flowers can pop!



I also used an old trick on the punched sentiment by using the brush end of a Stampin' Write marker around the edge of the punched piece to give it a little definition.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Birthday Jubilee

Paper - Rich Razzleberry and Basic White cardstock; Vellum Cardstock; Floral District DSP

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay; Stampin' Blends: Calypso Coral Dark and Light, Rich Razzleberry Dark and Light, Bermuda Bay Light; Stampin' Write marker: Bermuda Bay

Accessories - Bermuda Bay Shimmer Ribbon

Tools - Big Shot, Jubilee Beauty Dies, Handmade Tag Punch, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful layers and I love your coloring! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, that layer of vellum give this card such a nice vintage feel, as well as the lacy cut outs! Beautiful! Thanks for joining our color challenge at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love how you used the challenge colors to create a very feminine and festive birthday card. Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindi! Very nice card. The vellum is a very lovely element. Thanks for joining us at HSS. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty, Cindy - that coloring is fantastic! I also like how you toned down the lacy details with the vellum - what a great trick! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!