Monday, September 26, 2022

Autumn Bouquet Birthday

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

This design was inspired by the color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches, the "just choose two" at Just Add Ink, the "CASE the catty with a twist" challenge at Paper Craft Crew, the "cut it out" challenge at TGIF Challenges, and the challenge at Tic Tac Toe Challenges. For Just Add Ink, I chose foliage and masking and for Paper Craft Crew, I CASEd a card on page 52 of the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog. My tic-tac-toe is diagonal - bottom left to upper right - foliage, any sentiment, flowers.







Once I finished the card, I realized it doesn't really fit the CAS challenge, so I won't enter it there.

To CASE the catty, I chose a card made with the Fond of Autumn stamp set and coordinating dies. Instead of using the detailed die to cut a background, I made a stencil instead and created a colored background with blending brushes.


I used water painters with the challenge colors to color the floral motif. It's amazing how much variety you can get with just three ink colors! The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.

Just like a card I made a few weeks ago, I felt like the background was a bit overpowering so I added a vellum layer to soften it and help the large die cut stand out.


A few details - some long retired organdy ribbon and some iridescent rhinestones - add the finishing touches.

I'm going to try to make another card with these colors so that I can actually enter a CAS card for that challenge!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Fond of Autumn

Paper - Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock; Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow, and Merry Merlot Cardstock; Vellum Cardstock; Shimmery White Cardstock

Ink - Mossy Meadow, Calypso Coral, Merry Merlot, Sahara Sand, Versamark

Accessories - Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Calypso Coral Organdy Ribbon, White Embossing Powder

Tools - Big Shot, Autumn Bouquet Dies, Heat Tool, Blending Brushes, Water Painters, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Dimensionals 







2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card!! Love the stencil you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your masking adds a lovely touch behind your bold bouquet. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week! Joanne JAI

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!